For my birthday I (Karen) checked in for 2 nights with my mom and sis along with Allyson and her mom (my godmother) at Movenpick Tower and Suites.
As informed by the Receptionist, the hotel is always fully booked and I guess it is because of their really economical price (if I’m not mistaken their Deluxe room rate only for 1 pax costs 600+ Qatar Riyals) despite being a 5 star hotel.
Immediately when you enter the hotel premises you are greeted by the staff with friendly smiles on their faces. I did not encounter any problems while checking in since Shuja, the Sr. Receptionist that assisted me, was really efficient. I was escorted by a bell hop to our room who carried my luggage for me and took time to explain to me the different sections of our room plus the mini bar options.
My initial response to the room upon entering was “This room is huge!” (since it was an Executive Room after all) which it was but other than that it did not take my breath away, though I can say otherwise in regards to the view we had. It was a magnificent view of the Corniche and the adjacent Four Seasons Hotel. Closet space was just right which housed a safe, flashlight, iron & ironing board. The bed was soft and just right for two people to share.
I was disappointed with the size of the bathroom because it was not as spacious as the room. It had a bath tub and shower together plus the vanity area was just good for one person to use, two people can’t share the area at the same time. The good thing is though it had a small vanity area, the room had three mirrors so I guess they make up for it in that sense.
The room also had it’s own kitchenette that was equipped with an electric stove and wash area which I must say is an added value.
Since we were there for two nights I feel like if I jot down what we did for those nights you might get bored so let’s just proceed with the mini review, right? 🙂
1. Any comments about the hotel’s lobby?
– Well the lobby was a bit lackluster. When you enter the hotel, you will immediately see a circular couch and in the middle is a tall vase with an arrangement of flowers.
2. Was Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel?
– Yes it was and it was not password protected, in short it was free Wi-Fi for everyone! Though we noticed that the Wi-Fi signal was stronger when we were in our room.
3. Do they have any restaurants?
– They have two restaurants, one is Al Balad which is located at the ground floor and another restaurant called ForKnife which offered all day dining service.
4. How about their facilities?
– They do not have much but they have an indoor pool, spa, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room all located at the 26th floor.
5. Did you order any room service during your stay?
– Yes, we ordered dinner on our second night and breakfast on our third day (check-out day). On both occasions they delivered everything we ordered correctly and took them roughly 40-45 minutes to serve.
6. Did they offer cable?
– Cable was provided and we were shocked to see that they had a lot of channels to choose from though at times the channel would freeze up or the sound would get interrupted for some reason.
7. How were the staff?
– Staff were accommodating and helpful. Nothing bad to say about the service.
8. How long did it take for you to check out?
– Check out did not take too long and was a breeze.
9. Was valet offered 24/7?
– Valet service was offered but we are not certain if it is for 24/7.
10. How would you rate the hotel / stay?
– I (Karen) give it a 3.8 and Allyson gives it a 3.5, when combined it is an overall rating of (3.7 / 5) stars.
West Bay Area, PO 22752, Doha, Qatar
Tel: +974 4496 6600 Website: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/middle-east/qatar/doha/hotel-doha-tower-suites/overview/