There are such a number of tricks one can do to fake beautiful even skin with the power of make-up (and maybe Photoshop for some though that’s not the case here). I suffer from uneven skin tone especially on my face with some hints of discoloration. It is such an insecurity of mine that I cannot pass up putting on a good base when applying my game face every morning when going to work or even when attending dinner with friends. I know I should be comfortable in my own skin especially at my age but unfortunately I’m not and every day is a learning process to love myself plus a constant battle to embrace my beautiful features. Hopefully one day though, I will be secure in my own skin to step out the door without any trace of make-up on each day.
With this in mind, there is a struggle to find the right liquid foundation that can cover up my blemishes, even out my skin and stay on my face without it streaking or wearing off. To find good recommendations of what to buy for my combination skin, I went to the almighty internet and read through plus watched a ton of YouTube video reviews of both high-end and affordable foundations that will compliment my skin type. I finally settled on the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in the shade 3W1 “Tawny” which I bought from Salam for QAR 238/-. The way I apply it is by dabbing this on my face with a beauty blender because it spreads on evenly unlike if you use a foundation brush.
By the way, don’t think I use this every day because I don’t and the reasons are:
- It sells out very quickly which makes it hard to find
- There is not a lot of color range in Doha to choose from
- The bottle does not have a pump so the packaging tends to become messy over the course of time
- Too much of the foundation can result to overkill making the face appear “cakey”
But don’t let these reasons put you off because on the other side of things, this foundation has its positive qualities as well:
- It dries to a matte finish (no shine)
- I don’t know for the others but this foundation doesn’t make my face oil up too much
- It is long lasting (I prefer to use it for times I party hard because it stays on even with all the sweating)
- A little amount of foundation can go a long way / it can easily cover up the entire face (that basically means you can save up on your money because it will last you a long time)
- It has SPF (albeit a low SPF of 10 but SPF nonetheless)
Despite the cons, I would still highly recommend this foundation to anyone especially if you have oily or combination skin. Though the price tag is a bit hefty, it is definitely worth your money.
I hope you found this review helpful and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Follow me on Snapchat! 😉